"Cyberspace is simply the newest arena that scam artists have entered to widen their hunt for more people to dupe. To avoid falling for work-at-home scams, both on- and off-line, look for the following warning signs:
- Overstated claims of product effectiveness;
- Exaggerated claims of potential earnings, profits, or part-time earnings;
- Claims of "inside" information;
- Requirements of money for instructions or products before telling you how the plan works;
- Claims of "no experience necessary."
While you are looking for a way to make money at home, if you see any of these things, a red flag should hit you on the head. Take that as a clue that you need to stop and go no further.