This blog is meant to help you determine which work at home job or program is for you. I am not making any determinations on whether or not a particular program is a scam. I am simply giving you the information to make that call for yourself.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Taking Surveys not a scam

I was talking to my mother in law last night about taking surveys and mystery shopping as a way to make extra money and she brought up something that I want to share with all of you.
She has known since I started my website that I have a free list of survey companies that pay.  She would like to take surveys and make some extra money since she doesn't have time to mystery shop during the normal work week. 
So as we are talking she tells me, "I have tried taking the surveys they send me in my email but they take forever and then I get to the end and they want me to complete offers, it is always a waste of my time."
Well, yes it was!   The true survey companies will never send you an email asking you to join.  At least I have never gotten one.  They don't need to spam anyone to get members. 
When you recieve these emails saying "Coke vs Pepsi" take our survey and you could win a $500 shopping spree, it is probably spam, just delete it. 
When you sign up with a legitimate survey company and they send you an email to take a survey you will recognize it as being a good survey.  If you don't recognize the name of the survey company be very cautious.  If your offer is to be entered into some outrageous contest, shopping sprees, televisions, cars, etc.  It is probably not a good survey.  Most of the good companies will enter you into a contest for taking the screener but it is typically a drawing for $500 or $100 I think one is even $1000 but not cars, washers, shopping sprees, etc.  In fact last month I won one of the drawings for $100! 
Here is a quick list of some of the best survey companies.  You can find a complete list by clicking on the link to your right.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ipsos
 
Technorati Tags : , , , , , ,
 
Powered By Qumana

No comments: